Friday 31 January 2014

Linux DStar Development

Linux DStar Development
Linux DStar Development
Wednesday, 13 October 2010
New Project Name
 Please note that due to existing trademarks and the potential for infringement, the project name has been changed to:

StarGate


 Posted by  David  at 06:39 7 comments
Friday, 17 September 2010
NI-Star v2 has arrived
 NI-Star v2 is released, supporting multiple (up to 3) Node Adapters.

Support has been tested with:

- Satoshi v6.20
- Satoshi v7.08
- Dutch*Star v0.1.28-2

A full installation package for the v1 code will be available via the UKIT support team.

Modifications to run v2 are available on request.

73 David
 Posted by  David  at 09:17 12 comments
Tuesday, 29 June 2010
Announcing the Imminent Arrival of NI-Star
Non-Icom Smart Technologies for Amateur Radio

The release of NI-Star is getting closer. The system now functions with Satoshi v6.17/6.20, v7.x and Fred's latest code.

Significant changes have been made to the code to make it easier to package and release, and this process has taken much longer than anticipated.

Please bear with me....

David
 Posted by  David  at 14:13 20 comments
Tuesday, 27 April 2010
Why so quiet ?
 Simple. Eyjafjallajokull.

I was supposed to be in Bahrain for one week, then Florida for two.... It ended up as Florida for three weeks, 3 days.

In the meantime, I've been working on the user-facing web-pages with considerable help from others. They are now complete and running on GB7MH.

Mostly because I can't think of anywhere else to say this, I am going to say it here.

Thank You ! to the citizens of Florida for turning what could have been a week of expense and boredom into an enjoyable experience. You were simply GREAT.

Busch came up with FREE tickets for SeaWorld and Aquatica
Disney came up with FREE Rover tickets for the parks
The Zoo gave us 50% off
Even the Miniature Golf courses reduced rates !
Hotel dropped prices, restaurants too.

Everyone kept saying how sorry they were for us.

In short, we were treated in our adversity in the manner which I would hope I treat people in theirs. It counts for a lot, and we are VERY GRATEFUL.
 Posted by  David  at 09:03 8 comments
Friday, 26 February 2010
Dayton 2010
 For those interested, I will be at Dayton 2010, and will have my repeater live on-air in the show.

Hopefully, I'll be able to get a G2 and D-Plus link out of the hall as well.

I'm presenting on the software (time to be advised), and will be at a booth for some of the time - alternatively, you'll be able to call me on the repeater !

73 David - G4ULF
 Posted by  David  at 15:43 6 comments
Release Plans
 Hi All

I've had many, many requests for code, and here are my plans.

At the moment, the installation is manual and time consuming. My plan is to take a break from development as the code seems substantially complete and concentrate on automating the installation via scripts.
As part of this, I want to add a user addition/deletion web page - the current system of flat text files is not working. I have an offer of help from Colin at GB7NE for this (thank you).
The code will then be made available via the UKIT.
I can then concentrate on new developments/bug fixes.

Please bear with me whilst I package it all up....
 Posted by  David  at 15:39 2 comments
Sunday, 7 February 2010
v6 Test System on-line
 At last, I have a stable v6 system up on G2 and D-Plus.

I've got two v6 boards build - one using v6.12 which works fine, and one using v6.16 which is not so stable. Now, I tried to flash the v6.16 unit with the v6.12 code, and immediately hit the code protection, so I need to ask Satoshi very nicely to provide me with the correct load.

I've also built a new system on CentOS 5 on a Mini ITX with 512MB RAM which using an EPIA-M 10000 and an 8GB SSD. This is MUCH faster and better than the unit installed at GB7MH, so at some point, I will be swapping this out for a v6 unit.

David

No comments:

Post a Comment